Do you want to learn how to manage your anxiety?
- The best way is to breathe slowly. Take regular breaths (not big ones). Breathe in for three seconds, hold for one second and breathe out for 3 seconds. Do this for 2 minutes and see what a difference it makes.
- Remind yourself that anxiety always passes and that it's not harmful.
- Think positive thoughts like "I can get through this, I've done it before".
- Do some physical exercise. It can help to relax you and you'll be distracted.
- Phone someone you care about.
- Reward yourself and take time out to enjoy it.
- Make sure you get enough sleep. Try not to sleep during the day and develop a regular sleep routine.
- Know that help is available for you - contact me today for a consultation at my office in Neutral Bay or at other locations right across Sydney. You can also have a cosultation by phone or by Skype if you're outside of Sydney. I specialize in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and I'm a registered Medicare provider.
- You can also contact the Mental Health Association on www.mentalhealth.asn.au or call them on Tel: 1300 794 992 (weekdays) - they're a great help.
Looking forward to meeting you!
Please click here to book your counselling session.
Or, if you'd rather like me to schedule the appointment for you, or if you'd like any further information, just add your details below and press enter. You can also contact me on Skype where my user name is: cbtbyphone or you can call me on Tel: +61 2 9908 8081.
BASW MAASW MBL Cert CBT
A person who experiences severe anxiety over a prolonged period often also experiences depression. Help and relief is available through professional counselling and psychotherapy. Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) is particilarly effective for the treatment of anxiety, panic attacks, anxiety disorders/phobias and depression. Relaxation training and psycho-education about the effects of anxiety and depression is also very helpful.
It is very important to discuss your symptoms in detail with your General Practitioner. He/she'd be able to refer you to me as I'm an accredited Medicare and Department of Veteran's Affairs Provider and I'm also registered with Workcover.
The characters you copied from the image are incorrect. Please try again.